Join our Mailing List
Spivey Hall Childrens Choir Annual Auditions
Spivey Hall Children’s Choir Auditions
Saturday April 25, 2015
SPACE IS LIMITED – PLEASE APPLY EARLY!
Dedicated to excellence, the Spivey Hall Children’s Choir Program has provided exemplary choral music education to its singers since 1994. Comprised of both male and female students ages 10 through 18, this treble choir program is for soprano and alto singers. Consisting of three choirs, the program draws students from 18 metro-Atlanta counties, offering them professional-level instruction in vocal pedagogy, music theory, sight singing, ear training, and presentation as well as exposure to a variety of choral styles. Involvement also enhances young people’s lives, helping them to develop qualities of self-reliance, personal integrity, responsibility, compassion, and confidence in their abilities.
Membership into this treble choir program is contingent upon an audition and teacher recommendations. Auditions are for male and female students ages 10 through 13 and are held once each spring. Upon acceptance, choir members may continue in the program until their high school graduation. Individual tuition of $410.00 per academic year. Need-based assistance available to those who qualify. Choir members rehearse each Monday from 6:30pm-8pm throughout the school year and perform in Spivey Hall in December and May.
Audition Registration is $10.00
- Membership into either choir is contingent upon one audition and your teachers’ recommendations.
- Forms may be accessed here.
- Dr. Martha Shaw and Mr. Craig Hurley will be present during the audition. Choir placement will be based on the results.
- Most students are placed in the Young Artists Choir their first year.
- Singers must be between the ages of 10 and 13 on September 1 of the audition year, in order to audition.
- A $10 audition processing fee is due with the audition request form.
- After receiving the audition request form and $10 audition processing fee, you will be notified of your assigned audition time.
- You should memorize the first verse of “America” (“My Country ‘Tis of Thee”) for your audition.
- Vocalization and tonal recall will be included, but no previous choral experience is required.
- Nervous about auditioning? Watch “Auditions Don’t Have to be Scary.”
NEW ONLINE REGISTRATION! Please note that there is an additional online convenience fee of $3.
Before you begin, please read the instructions below:
1) Click on REGISTER HERE!
2) Scroll down to 2016 Spivey Hall Children’s Choir Auditions
3) Click Buy Tickets, Select “1” and click on Add to Cart, if you are registering more than one child, please register each child separately.
4) Complete Registration information
5) Checkout and pay audition application fee; you will receive a confirmation of payment within minutes and a confirmation of registration within 2 business days.