Additional Spivey Hall Children’s Choir Audition Date Announced!
Monday, May 13, 2013 5:00 – 6:00 PM
An additional audition opportunity has been added due to popular demand! If your student missed out on the audition on April 27, you’re in luck!
Auditions are for male and female students ages 10 through 13. Dedicated to excellence, the Spivey Hall Children’s Choir Program has provided exemplary choral music education to its singers since 1994. Members receive professional-quality instruction in all aspects of vocal production, musicianship, and choral performance. Involvement also enhances young people’s lives, helping them to develop self-reliance, personal integrity, responsibility, compassion, teamwork, and confidence in their abilities.
What should my student know about the audition?
- Membership is contingent upon one audition and a teacher recommendation.
- Mr. Craig Hurley will be present during the audition. Choir placement will be based on the results. Most students are placed in the Young Artists Choir their first year.
- Singers must be between the ages of 10 and 13 on September 1 of the audition year, in order to audition.
- A $10 audition processing fee is due with the audition request.
- After receiving the audition request, the student will be notified of their audition time and how to access the necessary forms.
- Students should memorize the first verse of “America” (“My Country ‘Tis of Thee”) for the audition. Vocalization and tonal recall will be included, but no previous choral experience is required.
To sign up for this additional audition date, please call General Manager
Carol Abarr at (770) 946-9072 or firstname.lastname@example.org